Blackjack – known as “21” – is one of the most played online casino games. With its amazing gameplay, it leaves a lot of room for strategies and betting systems that – when used correctly – allow gamblers to even flip the edge in their favor. It is not important that you to master card counting technique to gain a mathematical advantage over the house. With our blackjack tips, every beginner should be able to reach success playing this popular card game. While we will start with a basic strategy – which is undoubtedly an essential part of the formula for success – we will also provide some helpful tips on how to play blackjack online and win big money.
Casino Blackjack Tips – Basic Strategy
By playing blackjack with a basic strategy, you can reduce the house edge from 2.5% to 0.5%, which gives you a good chance of leaving the table as a winner. Combined with our blackjack tips, a basic strategy can even give you an edge. Created through mathematical modeling, the basic strategy takes into account your starting hands, the dealer’s up card, and many other factors in the game. For example, according to the basic strategy, here is when you should hit or stand:
- Hit hard 11 (or less);
- Hit soft 17 (or less);
- Stand on hard 17 (or more);
- Stand on soft 19 (or more);
- Stand on soft 18 except cases when dealer has Ace, 9 or 10;
- Stand on hard 13-16 if dealer has 2-6 (hit in other cases);
- Stand on hard 12 if dealer has 4-6, hit otherwise.
Also, the basic strategy prescribes where you need to double, split or surrender. You can find basic strategy charts on the internet or in tutorials. Since it is not easy to remember all these steps, you should practice. Online casino with its free blackjack options can be the best place to practice without financial investment.
Blackjack Tips to Win – Advice for Beginners
Here are some helpful tips to help beginners improve their game:
- Choose games with a payout ratio of 3:2 – avoid 6:5 options.
- Play blackjack with the fewest decks.
- Avoid betting systems like Martingale which can be found in some blackjack tips and tricks – it is dangerous for your wallet if you are a newbie.
- Do not take insurance until you have mastered the card counting technique.
- Surrender when necessary according to the basic strategy, but don’t overuse this option.
- Do not split a hand of two fives or two tens, but split a hand of two Aces.
- Learn the Doubling Down technique to secure your even greater advantage.
A few important blackjack tips in the end – learn the basics of bankroll management and don’t take alcohol while playing.