Blackjack is a game with simple rules and everybody can start playing just in 5 minutes. At the same time, becoming advanced player takes time and efforts. It includes at least basic understanding of probabilities and how to apply them to the game. You’ll have to do some math if you want to find out what are the best blackjack odds of winning.
Tips how to get the best blackjack odds
Every player wants to have high odds of winning in blackjack. Still, the probability that you’ll beat the dealer depends on many variables. It includes:
- the number of decks in play;
- your hole cards;
- payouts for “blackjack” wins;
- dealer hole card;
- doubling rules;
- the number of splits allowed;
- the cards that are left in the deck;
- the ability to split Aces;
- the dealer hits or stands on soft 17;
- surrender is allowed/not allowed.
As you can see, there are lots of things that influence your chances to win the hand. Fortunately, there is an easy way to get the results you need. Just use blackjack odds calculator. This online tool is developed to determine what are your blackjack odds of winning for a particular combination of hole cards. Just choose all the variables and you’ll get and advice what to do: hit, split, double or stand.
Best Vegas casino blackjack odds
If you want to have good blackjack odds, you’d better choose a good game. It should:
- Pay 3 to 2 for “blackjack” wins. Some games have 6 to 5 or 7 to 5 payouts and that significantly reduces your winning probability and make the house edge bigger.
- Make sure you’re able to surrender. It’ll reduce your losses and save you a lot of money.
- Allow you to double when you have any 2 cards.
- Give you a possibility to split 3 times. This way you’ll get up to 4 independent hand and better blackjack odds.
The outcome of the round also depends on decisions you make. If you’ll make them right, your chances to receive a prize will be way higher. There are a few basic rules to follow. First, Stand if you have 17-point hard hand or better. For soft hand it’s 19 points. Second, don’t split 10s and always split Aces, in case the rules allow it. Third, don’t take insurance. It’s the worst bet possible, even though it has the best payouts.